Friday 4 April 2014

Book Review: The Sexy Chef Cookbook

Ever since, I got married I started to slowly learn how to cook. And when I learned that The Sexy Chef is releasing a cookbook I immediately reserved a book through their website.
Picture from The Sexy Chef site
I got my book around a week after it was released to the public and is now readily available in National Bookstores nationwide.

I started reading the cookbook as soon as I had the time. I love the way calories are indicated on each recipe and most recipes are good for two servings - which was perfect since I am always cooking for only me and my husband.

The book also enumerates tools and staple you should have in your kitchen and where you can buy them. However, I find some ingredients on the book difficult to find because they're not usually used in common Filipino household.

The book had the following number of recipes: 9 Appetizers and Snacks, 7 Soups, 8 Salads and Sides, 7 Noodles or Pasta, 12 Main Dishes and 7 Desserts and Smoothies.

I have tried cooking most of the main dishes on the cookbook and it was surprisingly easy to do and tastes good too. I just wish that the book had more main dishes. I also don't think I would be making any of the appetizers, soups or salads mainly because their ingredients are hard to find or uncommon.

Here are some of the recipes I have successfully cooked from the book:

Arroz a la Cubana
Chicken with Mushrooms instead of Water Chestnuts
Asian Spaghetti

Shepherd Pie with Cauli-mash topping

Low Carb "Nasi" Goreng

Pakbet Rice

Osso Buco with Gremolata

Bangus Sisig

I recommend this book to health-conscious eaters and to those who are beginners in cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment