Saturday 26 April 2014

How to apply for a UMID (Unified Multi-purpore ID) Card

UMID (Unified Multi-purpose ID) Card is the all-in-one card for SSS, GSIS, Philhealth and Pag-ibig members.

Ever since getting married, the only ID I have bearing my new surname was just my company ID. And after a year, I have finally managed to take the time to get an official government ID to have my married name on it.

Did you know that SSS agencies are now open on Saturdays? Yes, it is true! Now isn't that convenient! Two thumbs up to whoever thought of the idea. (",) SSS agencies are open from 7AM to 5PM on Mondays to Fridays with no lunch breaks and are open from 8AM to 5PM on Saturdays but with lunch breaks.
SSS also has satellite offices in malls too which are open 10 AM to 6 PM from Tuesday to Saturday. Click on the image for a larger picture.

Before going to SSS to apply for your UMID, make sure you bring at least one (1) of these primary IDs:
  • Passport
  • Driver's License
  • Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) card
  • Seaman's Book
Or two (2) secondary IDs/documents which has your photo and signature.

And if you have just recently got married and you have no other ID bearing your new name, make sure to bring a copy of your NSO Certified Marriage Contract.

First step to apply for a UMID card is to get a UMID application form found in Step A. You may also download the form and fill it up before hand but you still have to go to Step A to get a number. Form can be downloaded here.

After filling up the form, proceed to Verification and wait for your number to be called. The UMID card is free if this is your initial card application but if you have an existing SSS ID card you will have to pay Php 300 as the card replacement fee. You will be provided an R-6 Payment Form which you will be filling up then proceed to cashier to make your payment.

After making the payment, go back to the Verification booth and present your validated R-6 form. You will be asked to surrender your existing SSS card then you will proceed to the queue for Data Capture.

You will have to wait a long time because queue in Data Capture lane will be long since there's only one personnel doing this on Saturdays. I had to come back after lunch to have mine. In Data Capture, they will be typing in your information in your database, getting your fingerprints and signature and taking your picture. Before saving your information to the system, you will be asked to confirm all the data they have inputted and you will be requested to affix your fingerprint to affirm that you have agreed to what you see.

Note: Do not wear contact lenses when applying for your UMID card. Data Capture will request them to be removed. Any forms of jewelry like earrings and necklaces will also be asked to be removed.

Finally, you will be given a claiming stub. The UMID card will be delivered to your mailing address after one month. But in case card did not arrive after a month, you can go to the SSS agency where you have applied for the card and ask Verification to check for the status of your card then claim it. That's it! I'm done! Can't wait to see my ID soon.

Will update this blog once I receive my ID. (",)

[UPDATE: 6/10/2014]
Got my new ID around 3rd week of May.

12 comments:

  1. Hi how long did u wait before u received the umid card? Also is it oka my relatives receives the card in the event i am not available on the date they deliver it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aretha, I got my ID after 4 weeks and my relative also received the ID for me since I'm always out of the house for work.

      Delete
  2. hi can i apply my UMID id even if I'm not active member of sss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To Anonymous, I am sorry but I don't the answer to your question. Please contact SSS directly and inquire with them. Thanks for posting

      Delete
  3. Hi, on which branch did you apply? Also, which branch is that on the blog picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, I applied at SSS Main branch which is located at East Ave., Quezon City. Took the pictures there too

      Delete
  4. You can apply for a UMID id if you have at least 1 month contribution. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can i get a UMID card even if i havent gotten or applied for the SSS id yet? i am a xonsistent SSS contributor for 4years but havent got the time to sort out my SSS id. im hoping if its possible for me to get the UMID card instead? thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can. Wala na din kasing hiwalay na SSS ID. They'd only be isuing UMID moving forward.

      Delete
  6. Hi Jill, thanks for the tip about contact lenses. I wear them everyday and tomorrow I'm set to have my ID processed. Very helpful post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I apply for the UMID bearing my married name, even if they haven't updated their system yet regarding my change of status?

    Can I submit Certified True Copy of Marriage Certificate instead of NSO Certified?

    ReplyDelete