Sunday 7 September 2014

Getting healthy with Sexy Chef's Healthy Plate Diet Meals

After having a really bad experience with a certain diet meal delivery, I didn't go back to having diet meal plans for some time. But now I feel like I'm once again gaining weight and since I'm afraid of exploring new diet meal companies - I'm relying on one of the most sure companies I know - The Sexy Chef.

I received an SMS from them offering their new diet program, The Healthy Plate Diet, at half the price just by replying to them my company name. The Healthy Plate Diet is originally priced at Php1,000 per day but for a limited time they are offering it at half price which will cost you Php2,500 for 5 days. The Diet Plan provides 1,200 calories per day which includes breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. Meals will be delivered to you a day before consumption usually around 3PM to 5PM in the afternoon.

Day 1
Breakfast: Mediterranean Omelet
My breakfast for today was omelet stuffed with eggplant and ground meat (I think) in red sauce. I
can't really say it was yummy but I do appreciate that it had red sauce on it to add flavor to the meal. I had my breakfast with a cup of hot tea.

Lunch: Pasta Puttanesca & Whole Wheat Bread Roll
As expected of The Sexy Chef, the sauce for the pasta was on a separate pouch which I really appreciate because it will not make your pasta soggy when you re-heat it. The sauce was made of real tomatoes and has pieces of big olives. Unfortunately, the meal lacked in flavor but was compensated with the wheat bread roll which was so soft and so tasty.

Snack: Raw Macaroons  
The Macaroons were meant to be an afternoon snack but I was so curious that I ate one in the morning - just in between my breakfast and lunch time. It was munchy because of the desiccated coconut all over it and also inside of it. It tasted of really light chocolate and coffee and was just right to satisfy my sweet cravings. Such a delightful treat indeed.

Dinner: Chicken Tapa with Sauteed String Beans & Squash and Brown Rice
Rice for dinner, yipee!!! The chicken tapa was oh so yummy but it tasted more like adobo to me though. I like the idea that they have their meals paired up with vegetables and just makes the meal complete. The vegetables were seasoned lightly, the squash cooked perfectly but the string beans was a bit overcooked but that didn't bother me.


Day 2
Breakfast: Chicken Salad Pandesal with Hot Chocolate
At first sight, my breakfast looked small but after taking several bites I then realized that it was actually heavy on the tummy. The chicken salad was so meaty, seasoned lightly and not drenched on mayonnaise, I'm not actually sure if it had any at all. And the hot chocolate was so delicious. It's labeled "Herb's Best", I wonder where I can buy more of this.


Lunch: Pesto Pasta with Chicken Sisig & Whole Wheat Bread Roll
This was delightful to eat as the pasta had a zesty flavor to it - maybe coming from calamansi drizzled on the crunchy chicken sisig. I gobbled down my lunch in no time. The bread was not as good as the one I had yesterday - this one already tasted a bit sour maybe almost getting spoiled.


Snack: Mais con Yelo Black Rice Pudding
Now this looks weird but I must say it was really yummy. Think of champorado and mais con yelo combined! hehehe I just wish I had more of this for the afternoon since I ate my snack in the morning. I got hungry early because of the long commute going to office. It took me more than an hour just queuing in the MRT station. Darn!


Dinner: Fish Salpicao with Sauteed Cabbage & Brown Rice
I was so worried that my dinner will get spoiled because I brought it with me while I was travelling from work going home. Fortunately, it was still good when I reached home. I love the seasoned cabbage with bell peppers and the fish was delicious as well. The whole meal was satisfying yet still light on the tummy.


Day 3
Breakfast: Pan-fried Bangus with Scrambled Egg
Weee... I love breakfast especially if it's classic Pinoy-style Bangus. The scrambled eggs served as my rice so this one is really a satisfying one. Now I'm sure I won't munch on my snack in the morning hehehe

Lunch: Kung Pao Chicken with Chopsuey & Brown Rice
Chicken was cooked just right and was not dry at all and the chopsuey was seasoned lightly. Only disappointment was that the kung pao sauce was not spicy but still I enjoyed it.


Snack: Apple with Peanut Butter
Another weird snack - apple and peanut butter. hehehe I'm not sure how I'm suppose to eat these two together so I took bites alternately. The peanut butter was delicious by the way, I wonder if it's home-made.


Dinner: Korean Beef Barbeque with Sesame KangKong & Brown Rice
Since it's my sister-in-law's birthday, she treated us for palabok and cake for dinner. I can't possibly refuse so inevitably my diet for the week is ruined.
Anyways, I still ate this meal as my 4th day lunch. The Korean Beef Barbeque was so sweet and tender and the sesame kangkong was surprisingly good too.


Day 4
Breakfast: Whole Wheat Sugar Free Banana Nut Muffin & Malunggay Tea
I'm actually sad seeing that my breakfast is just one small muffin. The muffin was okay - it did taste of banana but not too much and it was not that sweet either. But I got hungry again in no time. I drank the Malunggay tea together with my lunch - it tasted like any normal tea though.

Lunch: Thai Minced Chicken Salad with Hoisin Vinaigrette
I love the flavors on the Thai-minced Chicken it was so tasty. The greens are also fresh and crispy but the hoisin vinaigrette is too sour for me - I think it was too overpowering or maybe I shouldn't have drizzled the whole pouch onto my salad. But it was still a good eat.

Snack: Buko Pandan Custard
My snack didn't taste like buko pandan to me. Not sure why it is labeled as a custard - but it tasted more of a Vanilla flavored gelatin to me.

Dinner: Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce & Sauteed Vegetables with Pineapple & Brown Rice
The chicken satay was cooked just right and was perfectly paired with their yummy peanut sauce. The vegetables were crunchy and flavorful - I didn't notice any pineapples on them but maybe it was cooked with its juice that's why it was kind of sweet.


Day 5
Breakfast: Classic Egg Sandwich
Nothing special here - I find the egg filling quite bland maybe because it didn't use normal mayos that I'm used to.

Lunch: Asian Style Spaghetti with Vietnamese Chicken
I am proud to say that I have tried cooking these Asian style spaghetti myself because this recipe is available in their Sexy Chef Cook Book and I'm proud to say that my cooking is almost at par with theirs hahaha But theirs is still more flavorful. The chicken was a bit too salty for my taste though. But overall, this was a heavy fulfilling meal.

Snack: Trail Mix
I super love this trail mix. I am not sure what kind of nuts, raisins and berries are in there but they are so yummy and addictive to eat. Wish I had more of this.

Dinner: Oriental Fish with Sauteed Green Papaya & Brown Rice
I didn't expect my meal to be fish because it has been skewered to a stick hehehe The fish was seasoned properly and green papaya was just as tasty.


The Verdict:
As expected of The Sexy Chef, their meals were all delicious, fresh and of good quality. Meals are delivered on time every day and they are also flexible enough to change the delivery address on a day's notice (they do have a cut off time, ask them to confirm). Although their meals are quite expensive, money spent are worth it since you are assured of your daily calorie intake and also assured of good food quality. Even though I ate other food outside their meal plan (it was inevitable), I still was able to lose 2 lbs for the week. The Sexy Chef remains as one of my highly recommended diet delivery companies if money is not an issue.

If you're interested in this program, log on to http://www.thesexychef.ph/. If you do decide to sign up, please do mention that you were referred by me (Jill Ann Lorenzo) as they can give me a rebate if I refer people. :)

To learn about other diet meal options, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment