Monday 11 August 2014

My first muffins: Boracay Calamansi Muffins

I have always wanted to make muffins for myself and since my husband got me an oven - I can now make my dreams turn into reality. hahaha

My husband bought a convection oven for my birthday, you can read about it here. But I can't start yet, I have to find the perfect muffin/cupcake pans that would fit my cute oven. I finally found one in Landmark Makati - it was a myKitchen 12 cup muffin flower pan which costs Php200+ each.

My friend also gave me a EuroPro 12 cup muffin pan and cookie tray but unfortunately the muffin pan was too small and the cookie tray was too big. My husband was able to make alterations to the muffin pan, he bended both sides a little bit and voila! it now fits. My husband is really so supportive. (",)

Anyways, we recently just went to Boracay and we tried the famous Real Coffee Calamansi muffins and it was delightful and I would love to be able to do one for myself. So after searching the
ever resourceful net, I found Pepper.ph with the recipe hack. Yipee! And so my baking journey now begins.

You can find the recipe here or you can read on:

Calamansi Muffins

Yields: 12 muffins
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 pcs eggs
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup calamansi

Procedure:
1. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl . Set aside.
2. Mix milk and calamansi together in another bowl, set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
5. Add in milk mixture and flour mixture.
6. Mix until well blended, don’t over mix.
7. Scoop in non stick muffin pans.
8. Bake in preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 18-23 minutes.

Look at those cute muffins rising!!! So exciting!

And after 30 minutes, the muffins are done. I let it cool for 5 minutes and they just popped out from the pan perfectly! The output was almost the same as that of Real Coffee's but it was not as dense. The sides are also not that brown, maybe I should have let it bake for a couple minutes more next time.

I'm so happy of the result and I can't wait to bake another variant. A cupcake maybe? Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. They look yummy! I've tried baking banana muffins before, but not calamansi. Hmmm, I'll try baking them one of these days. Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete