Tuesday 9 September 2014

Resto Review: Little Quiapo, Quezon City

After my bread making class at World Citi College, we went to Little Quiapo, Quezon City to have our lunch. This place is well-known for their Halo-Halo and pancit palabok.


My husband ordered their Kalderetang Baka (Php 293) - rice not included. I so love its sauce, it was
super yummy. The beef was tender but was still chewy for me. The viand is already good for two.

And since I am not that hungry, I ordered their famous Pancit Palabok (Php 83). The presentation was so appetizing but once I poked it with my fork I quickly got disappoint because the pancit was already hard. My pancit palabok was no longer hot. =( I had a really hard time trying to mix its sauce with the noodles. But in fairness to it, it did tasted good compared to any other palabok sauces I have tasted but there was some instances that I got a bitter after-taste and I'm not sure which ingredient gave out that taste. I just wished that they have served this hot. =(

As for our dessert, we both ordered their famous Fiesta Halo-Halo (Php 130). The presentation was cute with the little umbrellas but I was once again disappointed with the taste and its content. The taste was mild and was nothing really special and the ingredients were so few. I don't think this one is worthy for its price.

Just outside the restaurant, fruits and dried fish are also being sold but they are quite expensive too. I asked the sales lady where these fruits came from, she answered me with "Hindi ko alam, dinideliver lang yan dito" (I don't know. It's just being delivered here). Hahahaha But it's amazing to see that they have rare fruits there like the Atis, Mangosteen and Marang.

Overall, the food was just average and the service was okay. Will we come back? Maybe we will but not for their Halo-Halo.

No comments:

Post a Comment