Monday 8 September 2014

Learning How to Bake Breads

I have now been using my convection oven for more than a month now and I am so excited to bake more goodies using it. Luckily, CashCashPinoy has ongoing deals on bread making and basic baking so I right away bought vouchers and scheduled my classes for this September.

My first class with The Baking Workshop was last September 7 (Sunday) from 8AM to 12Noon at World Citi College's Culinary Kitchen located along Anonas, Quezon City. Chef Voj was our
instructor for the day (I forgot to take a picture of him) and he will be teaching us how to make commercial breads - pan de sal, cheese bread, pan de coco, pan de ciosa, spanish bread, and ensaymada. A copy of the recipes were handed down to us and the ingredients were already prepared by the Chef before the class started.

The Chef was really good at explaining the basics in baking breads, from how to knead your dough, letting it rise, and also explains what each ingredient is for. He lets us feel the dough for us to know its consistency.

After showing us how to make the first two breads, he then allowed us to knead and prepare the next breads for the class. It was really fun being able to knead and shape the dough.

The kitchen in World Citi College was also a great venue as it was spacious and well-maintained. All the utensil and ingredients needed were properly stored and readily available at all times.

After the class, we took home some of the baked goodies and we were given our certificates to confirm our attendance. It was a great experience and I look forward to attending my next class next week. I will post another blog about it next week. (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment