Wednesday 18 June 2014

The Sexy Chef Dine Lite Meals

I just went on two straight weeks eating diet meals and for this week I only have 3 days in Manila because I'm going home to Zamboanga City for Independence Day. My dilemma now was - is there a diet meal delivery out there willing to be flexible and offer me with just 3 days meals in a week? The answer is YES! The Sexy Chef was flexible enough to accommodate to my needs. I just have to divide their weekly package to 5 to know how much it will cost per day then multiply it to 3 days.

I chose to avail their Dine Lite Package which cost Php 1,290 for 3 days (Php 2,150 for 5 days). The package is only for your daily lunch and dinner meals and is delivered to you before lunch time (usually between 10AM to 12NN). What's great about their Dine Lite meals is that each only has 350 worth of calories! Only downside of this is it is expensive.

Day 1
Lunch: Oriental Fruit Salad with Chicken
I super love this salad. I love their dressing it was so yummy! It didn't feel like I was on diet. All the veggies were fresh and crunchy and the chicken was tender and the dressing was so yummy! Oh, did I say that already? LOL The only difficulty I had with this meal is how hard it was to toss in its small container.

Dinner: Pasta Amatriciana
I love the idea that they didn't mix in the sauce when they deliver it to you. This way your pasta won't be soggy when you re-heat it. And they also provided me with a generous amount of Parmesan cheese. You can really taste the fresh tomatoes used in the sauce. It wasn't heavy on the tummy since it didn't have any meat on it.


Day 2
Lunch: Chili con Carne with Mexican Rice
No this meal was bursting with flavors! The rice was savory with just the right of spicy-ness and the meat was seasoned perfectly to accompany the already flavorful rice. This one is definitely one of my favorites!

Dinner: Chicken Burger with Pesto
Sad to see that my dinner is only a sandwich but hey it has chicken so it really did fill up my tummy. I'm not sure where the pesto went because I didn't seem to taste any. I'm not really a fan of this one, well just because I'm not a fan of chicken to begin with.


Day 3
Lunch: Huli Huli Hawaiian Chicken with Pineapple Fried Rice
Oh how I love eating this meal, I never thought that I could gobble down my lunch this fast. The pineapple fried rice was savory sweet and the chicken was really delicious. I wish I knew how they did this because I definitely want to cook this for myself someday.

Dinner: Creamy Beef Steak Pasta
Beef steak? Pasta? Doesn't sound right, but it was what I had for dinner and it was a good combination. The beef was so tender and the sauce was creamy. But after several bites, it became too salty for my palate. But it was a good meal - if it had less saltiness to it.


The Verdict:
The Sexy Chef has consistently won my heart. In terms of food taste, quality and quantity, the Sexy Chef is definitely the winner among the list of diet delivery companies I tried but unfortunately their package are quite expensive. They do offer promos from time to time so have a close watch over their Facebook page.

To learn about other diet meal options, click here.

If you're interested in this program, log on to http://www.thesexychef.ph/. If you do decide to sign up, please do mention that you were referred by me (Jill Ann Lorenzo) as they can give me a rebate if I refer people. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment