Sunday 22 June 2014

Resto Review: Vanilla Cupcake Bakery

Vanilla Cupcake Bakery just recently opened a branch in Trinoma and my husband suggested to eat there for dinner. I was surprised that they actually serve meals, I thought they only had cupcakes. hehehe

The interiors were so classy, artsy and overly cute. It's like having tea-time in Alice in Wonderland.

I ordered their All Day Breakfast, Garlic Beef Tapa (Php 225). Their meat was tender and flavorful but it was nothing out of the ordinary. What I really like from this meal was their atchara, it had the right mix of sourness and sweetness.

My husband ordered Signature Steak (Php 295) which was served with Sweet & Spicy sauce and Potato Salad. The steak was small in size but I guess you only get what you pay for. My husband requested it to be cooked medium well but he got it quite rare yet he didn't complain. The meal was just savory but was just okay, my husband was not that amazed by it. The steak sauce was more on the sweet side and the potato salad was also just okay.

For our drinks we ordered Vanilla Iced Tea (Php 75) just because I was curious on how it would taste - sadly it was not special since it was not that vanilla-y. And since we were really feel, we decided to only sample one of their cupcakes. It was really hard to choose only one because there was so many. After consulting with their staff on which ones are their bestsellers, we finally decided to get one of their Belgian Chocolate Cupcake (Php 100). As I took a bite of their cupcake, I instantly loved their icing - it was chocolate-y and buttery at the same time. As for the cupcake itself, it was good but not that amazing. Their cupcake was light but crumbly.

The Vanilla Cupcake Bakery is priced on the high-end but their serving are proportion to its price. Will we dine in again? Maybe... so as to try their other meals and other variants of their cupcakes too.


No comments:

Post a Comment