Saturday 21 June 2014

My Daily Jusa Experience

Since I will be working from home today, I decided to go ahead and try at least a day of Detox Juicing - which has been growing popular for health and weight conscious individuals. And since I am so curious as can be I just had to try it for myself at least once. So when I saw that Daily Jusa is offering their One-Day Cleanse on discount at Deal Grocer, I immediately bought one. The One-Day Cleanse normally costs Php 1,350 instead of Php 945. I emailed Daily Jusa a day before my planned juicing date and got a reply after 12 hours. They delivered my juices the evening before my scheduled date. The package includes 8 bottles of 250ml juices, 2 tea bags and a thermal bag - unfortunately they failed to give me my thermal bag because they ran out of stock (Sad).

Read on to know how my juicing went =)

AM Tea: EveryDay Detox Tea
The tea was strong and sadly I did not taste any lemon to it. But I'm already used to drinking teas so this one was no problem for me.

Breakfast: Daily Greens (spinach, romaine, celery, mustard leaves, watermelon)
This one is the scariest among the bunch. I was quite happy to see that it had watermelon thinking that it might give the drink some sweetness. But when I took my first sip, my gosh! I don't even know how to describe the taste. I do eat my vegetables but having them juiced was a different experience. This was really hard to finish up.

Breakfast: Sunburst (pineapple, orange, basil)
Now this I expect to be sweet since it has both pineapple and orange in it. One sip and I knew I was wrong. Of course it won't be that sweet, they don't add sugar to their juices. But this is one is tolerable than Daily Greens. heheheh

AM Snack: Clean Green (cucumber, romaine, broccoli, celery, apple)
Two hours have already passed from my breakfast, now it's time for my snack. I chose another green juice so that I can have a fruity juice for my afternoon snack. hehehehe Once again, I had a hard time finishing this one up but this one is doesn't taste as bad as the Daily Green.

Lunch: Green Energizer (broccoli, romaine, papaya, mustard leaves, pineapple, lemon)
It's been only past an hour from my last drink but I'm already feeling hungry. =(
Another green juice for lunch and surprisingly this one is much bearable to drink - the pineapple flavor really helped. But as the started to warm off, I had to take big gulps to finish it.

Lunch: A+ (carrot, apple, mint)
Now this juice I like. It tasted more of carrots, a bit of apple, but I didn't taste any mint though. One should really drink these juices really cold, because once it gets warm it's difficult to drink.

PM Snack: Code Red (watermelon, tomato, bell pepper, beets, grape)
I'm loosing my mind already. I really want something to munch on. Even though I'm having my juicing at home, there are still lots of temptation around. My husband eating his lunch with rice plus kids roaming around with cookies and chocolates. Oh such torture!

Of all the juices I expect this one to be yummy, but sadly it's not as I expected. I do taste the watermelon on it but I don't know why my taste buds thinks that this drink taste the same as all others. It is refreshing as long as its ice cold.

We will be off to watch a movie. Good luck to me to avoid all the temptation that surrounds me at the mall! I will be bringing my last two juices with me.

Dinner: Vitality Boost (watermelon, spinach, mustard leaves, grape)
Before I went in to watch the movie, I drank a bottle for dinner time. Once again, it was hard to drink. I was too bitter for me. I went on drinking big gulps to get it over with.

Dinner: Lemon Flush (lemon, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, water)
I'm so glad I saved the Lemon Flush for last because it was the best among them all. It was sour, bit of sweet and had the right kick of spiciness to it. How I wish all my 8 bottles were just this. hehehe


Before Bedtime Tea: Smooth Move
Before tucking to bed, I helped myself with a cup of their tea and it was delicious. It was really minty that it was soothing to the tummy. Just perfect to give you a good night sleep.


The Verdict:
Juicing is no joke, it's really hard especially for first timers like me. You really have to fight off all temptations and endure the whole day without nibbling on anything but it sure pays off! The next day I woke up early wanting to go to the toilet. Just after going to the toilet, I weighed myself and was amazed that I lost more than 4 lbs! Amazing right!

Will I do it again? Yes, but not anytime soon and if I'm going to do it again I'll only do the one-day cleanse again. I found it really hard to fight the temptation of eating anything other than the juices.

For more diet options, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment