Monday 11 August 2014

How to Apply for Philippine Passport

Did you know that you can now apply for your Philippine passports in malls? If this is your first time hearing this then read on.

Getting a Passport is now made easier and more accessible as we can now schedule for an appointment online and make our personal appearance in their satellite branches located within malls! Yehey!

My passport has two more years left before its expiration but my husband insisted on renewing it to update my last name to my married name so that we can apply for a US VISA. So here's the steps on
how to get a new passport or renew an existing one.

1. Choose the DFA branch closest to you. Click here for list. I chose SM Megamall branch.
2. Click on the preferred branch then set for an appointment.
3. Once your appointment has been sent, you will then be receiving an email with your reference number and confirmation link which you will be clicking. Print your application form on a long bond paper. Do not sign the form yet, you will be signing it in front of a DFA personnel.
4. Prepare your requirements . Click here for list of requirements. Don't forget to bring photocopies of your requirements. But if ever you forget, there is a photocopier found inside the DFA office but they charge php3 per copy.
5. Be at the DFA at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time. I actually went an hour early and they did let me in.

6. Once inside, a personnel will check your requirements and will instruct you to go to the cashier to make your payments.
7. Pay fees at the cashier. Regular rate is Php 950 and will take 15 days to process while Rush is Php 1,200  and will take 7 days processing. If you schedule your appointment on a weekend, it is automatically considered as Rush.

8. After paying at the cashier, you will queue for Encoding. Now this is where the waiting begins. I waited for more than an hour for my turn.

And finally once you are done with Encoding, you have the option to have your passport delivered to you through LBC. I forgot how much it was, I'm guessing it was Php 150 but I am really not sure.

I was able to receive my passport after 10 working days.

No comments:

Post a Comment