Sunday 6 January 2013

Planning the Wedding in a Month?!

Due to unforeseen events we have come to a decision to tie the knot civilly in Zamboanga City last January 3, 2013. And we only had less than a month to prepare for it plus we only aim to spend 50k or less for it because we only want it to be simple and to be shared only with family and close friends.
Below is the breakdown of our expenses. However, I am not that confident that I was able to keep track of them all kasi during those days my head oftentimes went blank at hindi ko na alam anong gagawin.

JudgeP   5,000
Reception + Catering (70pax)21,000
Hotel Accommodations  2,800
Groom's Attire2,700
Flower Girls' Attire440
Wedding Planner (friend of my brother)500
Makeup Artist4,000
Flowers1,300
Cake2,500
Photo (friend of my brother)2,500
Video5,000
Lechon4,140
Host1,000
For Church Confirmation + Blessing3,300
GRAND TOTALP 56,180

Well, we did went over our budget but I think it is considerable naman. We are so blessed kasi kahit wala na brother ko I still felt he was with us all through the way. We are surrounded by his friends who are more than willing to help make our wedding memorable, they even want to offer their services for free. We really appreciate everyone's help and support to make our wedding every bit possible.


Planning a wedding in one month is possible but beware kasi for sure it is really stressful lalo na pag on a tight budget kayo. But in the end, pag nandun ka na sa mismong araw at moment - magiging deadma na ang lahat and you would think that everything turned out perfectly as long as you are with your groom and also with the people you love and value the most.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How did your wedding go?

    I myself am planning my wedding in Zamboanga (my hometown)and I have to agree that it isn't easy.

    I hope you can share some tips like good suppliers who won't cost me an arm and a leg. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis =) The wedding was not perfect kasi super kulang sa coordination, it's so hard talaga pag long distance na-plan ang wedding. Nevertheless it was still successful for me because all those who were important to me were there to witness our union. I have yet to compile my supplier ratings (which is so long overdue). But do check out my list of venues I have done, hope it helps.
      http://jillathan.blogspot.com/2013/01/wedding-receptions-in-zamboanga-city.html

      Happy prepping sis =)

      Delete
  2. hi ms. jill, thank you for your posts...i had read almost all until i saw the one about your brother, im sorry for the lost.

    i am planning to get married in zamboanga too, currently based outside the country so ang hirap mag hanap ng suppliers online. can you give me the ones mentioned above? specifically the flowers and cake. we are also working on a tight budget. it would be of great help. thank you!

    ReplyDelete